Kam Salisbury on Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:50:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Archos Jukebox

Hmmm... on my unit you have to hold the 'on' button for at least 5 seconds
for it to actually turn on. This is a feature to avoid accidentally turning
it on. The same thing is applicable to turning the unit off.  I know you can
use Musicmatch under Windows to 'download' music to it but I have found it
easier to just drag-n-drop what I want to the device.

Since my last post about the Archos I tried it out on the G4 here running
OSX and it worked fine. I just dragged files to it like any other disk
resource. I am not sure what downloading  anything to it would mean. Maybe
using some kind of MP3 playing program to copy music to the Archos? If that
is so, not all players support the Archos. Be sure to check the website for
compatibility before assuming it does not work.

As far as the interface. It is a very simplistic one for sure. I would love
it to have better menu control or even a utility for my editing the control
menu since I really just select a directory to play and let it randomly play
through the songs.

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA
http://kamsalisbury.com