Mike Leone on Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:59:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OSS desktop (windows) anti-virus?

W. Chris Shank (chris.shank@acetechgroup.com) had this to say on 03/28/03 at 16:07:
> It is again and again - every year. $60per machine per year gets

$60? Last I heard, the retail sign up was $29.95 per yr, which someone told
me only a couple months ago.

> expensive. From what I can tell - you can't get the definitions without
> the subscription service.

When I get back to work on Monday, I'll email you the link for the download.
You should be able to *get* the definitions; now, as to whether they will
*install* is a different matter. I think the updates check the subscription
status of the retail versions. I dunno; I use the Corporate Edition, and I
know I can download the updates for Exchange every few days, and they for sure
install. (the Exchange version only downloads a set number of times per
month, so sometimes I download more often by hand)

As for every year, if you're using a version that is multiple years old on a
Windows platform, it would be in your best interest to update to a newer
version, just for the engine updates.