Kam Salisbury on Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:44:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OSS desktop (windows) anti-virus?

Yes... IE & ActiveX... uh... being stuck under the Windows framework. I
guess their intentions are not concerning supporting "all" possible users.
Doesn't make market sense I guess. Why spend lots of development money
trying to craft a supported framework for all possible users when it is
cheaper to target the largest user base instead.

Funny how a lot of things in the world come down to money. Maybe that is why
Linux and Open Source are so different. Fundamentally they have more to do
with creativity and flexibility versus money.

Sorry for the rant... it is just a view of mine.

Oh yes, about having to use IE, if someone is using Windows in the first
place a few more mouse clicks to use IE and get a free virus scan is way
better than the alternative of a virus infected system. IMHO.

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA
http://kamsalisbury.com
http://pwig.org