Paul on Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:15:42 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [off-topic] Question about Session Support Mechanisims

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

and Ruby. I'm not sure if the ASP Session ID requires cookies or uses
the originating IP and source port, instead (I believe it is the latter,
so this is most likely what they are doing). Check MSDN for info on the
ASP Session ID.

I don't know about ASP, but PHP can do sessions with or without using cookies. I would guess that if PHP does something that ASP would also do something similar.