Stratos Parisiou on Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:58:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop Anyone?

Danger...  Humble Opinion Follows...

I would have to say the distributions that are more intuitive to the
ex-windows users (Red Hat, Mandrake).  The beauty of Linux allows the
personalized GUI (preferably KDE or other stable GUI) while still
maintaining the Shell for the advanced users.  If you can modify the GUI to
make it as similar to Windows as possible, I think more people would
consider it.  Without stepping on Michael Robertson's product, maybe a WINE
installation may give enough people the extra push to demand your product,
thereby meeting your production minimums.

I think you have an excellent idea.  With an image (or two) that will allow
mass-production, and the proper marketing, I think you will be successful.
Would I be too assertive by asking you for specs and a market price on this
laptop?

Good luck to you.

Stratos