Mike Leone on Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:05:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop Anyone?

Paul (paul@dpagin.net) had this to say on 04/12/03 at 00:46:
> Mike Leone wrote:
>
> >>I wouldn't do it unless you have sales agreements before completing the
> >>deal.  I have a one-year-old laptop which is already obsolete compared
> >>to this year's models.  Unless you get a really good wholesale price,
> >>

> >How "obsolete" can it *really* be? What, it's a 2GHz CPU v 2.4GHz? Doubt
> >your average user will actually notice a difference in performance.
> >

> Try 1GHz Pentium III w/o DVD player, CD writer, or wireless NIC.  $1350
> one year ago.  Now you can get more features and speed for less cash.

My laptop doesn't have a DVD player or CD-Wriyter; I bought a wireless NIC.
It does what I need it to do. And it's a P2-400. Guess I'm productively
obsolete. :-)