Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:51:44 -0400

[PLUG] ssh login delay

Logging in via ssh to a 486 box running debian sarge, there's a
significant pause, presumably to generate a new session key.  This is
surely unavoidable short of new hardware.

From the 486, I ssh to a very fast machine that, otherwise, would
respond almost instantly with a request for a password. But I get a 35
second delay.

Tailing messages, syslog, daemon.log, and auth.log, I don't see any
difference between an ssh login to fast from fast or to fast from
slow-486.

Any thoughts what might be going on or what I might look at?

--
 Jeff