adam on Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:01:24 -0400

[PLUG] Weird problem - top, tail -f, ping

Hi everyone.
I'm near the end of my rope on this problem,
so I was hoping you guys could give me some insight.
I'm running a redhat 7.2 server with mysql MAX, and kernel 2.4.18-27.7
(smp) right out of the RH dist.
All of the sudden, cmds such as top, ping, tail -f (things that
continually update the screen) won't run.  In the case of top, I get
nothing but a screen clear (and I have to ^C to get back to the CL).
With ping, it sends off one ping and that's it.
With tail -f <somebusymysqllog>, if you suspend the tail, and then bring
it back, you'll get some more output.
There's nothing telling in the logs, and nothing weird in dmesg.
If anyone could point me in a good diagnostic direction, I'd really
appreciate it.
Thanks,
Adam

 --
		///	www.radioactivecat.com     ///
             (That's not yours! Drop it, or I'll shoot!)