gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:31:05 -0400

[PLUG] IBM Thinkpad T22

Anyone played with these laptops at all (under any OS, really, but
ideally something other than Windows)? Apparently, IBM shipped
*some* with Linux (Caldera) pre-installed[1]. Not the one that I'm
looking at (which is no big deal, because I'll want it to be NetBSD
anyhow... and wouldn't be sticking with Caldera in any case).

I'm thinking about picking one up (the three button arrangement is
very attractive, and the trackpoint, of which IBM's is undeniably
the best, is my favorite laptop pointing device), but I'd like to
know if I'm walking into hardware or XFree86 boogeymen...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

[1] http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4UYPZ8