christophe barbe on Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:59:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Disabling mouse button emulation

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:07:44PM -0400, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> When I installed Mandrake 9.1 on my iBook, it setup the touch pad to
> emulate the other mouse buttons. I rarely use the touchpad, preferring a
> real mouse. However, when using the mouse buttons I get this kernel
> warning:  keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 272
>
> I've found some info suggesting this only occurs in the Mac HID driver.
> The problem is - I suspect it's causing problems with Mozilla.
> Occasionally, mozilla will take on keyboard input, forcing me to restart
> it.
>
> Anyone know how I can turn this emulation off?

I don't understand your problem very well. But the emulation works
perfectly for me even with mozilla. On the other side, (very) old versions
of mozilla used to mess up with the keyboard events.

I know two ways to set the emulation. Check the few lines I have at:
   http://cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/#KERNEL

Hope this help,
Christophe

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.
--Ellen Perry Berkeley