Art Alexion on Fri, 2 May 2003 10:20:33 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help with Lawsuit

On 1 May 2003 at 14:59, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 02:29:10PM -0400, Edmund Goppelt wrote:
> > According to the contract with the
> > vendor, the BRT's web site runs on SQL2000 and Windows 2000 Server
> > ASP, not DB2.
>
> Just occured to me that I made my comment about the data being on tape
> because the city's lawyer said it wasn't on disk but "stored in the
> city's mainframe" (or something like that).
>
> If it's actualy in a SQL Server DB, was the laywer lying outright or
> just confused?

knowing the City Law Department, I'd say the latter.  The real culprit is the IT guy
who gave the clueless lawyer a misleading response to pass on.  The lawyer likely
just doesn't know, and had to meet with the IT department to draft his response.  The
IT people who helped him DO UNDERSTAND the request, and are allowing the law
dept. lawyer to deliberately mislead you in order to get out of some work or succeed
is some other bureaucratic goal.

If I thought someone was deliberately lying, I'd take that weasel's deposition and
make him or her squirm.