Bradley Molnar on Fri, 2 May 2003 18:06:06 -0400

[PLUG] Solaris Troubles

Hi all, I know this is linux users, but, I don't know where else to turn on
this one.

My school just got a bunch of sun machines as a donation.  Now I am trying
to get some directions for installing everything ready so that others can
take over.

The problem I am having is, the network here is on DHCP, but, for some
reason, the machine doesn't read the DNS properly.  So, I am stuck trying to
key in ip's manually (that does work).

Also, how do I set the hostname.  I know under linux it can be done, but,
how do I do it under solaris (taking into consideration that the ip address
might change).

This is Solaris 9, but the release is several months old (not 100% sure, I
would update it if I could).

thanks
-brad