gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 7 May 2003 13:11:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] pop3 server?

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 12:00:29PM -0400, Martin DiViaio wrote:
> I think we've reached the point where we are cluttering the list
> unecessarily with our opinions. If you want to continue this discussion,
> please contact me privately and we can continue from there.

I have no interest in continuing that conversation privately. I'm
interested in your providing a technical explanation that holds up
under analysis for the statements you made against the IMAP protocol.
Since the statements were publicly, I think the explanation should
be public. And since I think the explanation needs to hold up under
analysis, I've been analyzing it publicly.

I don't *personally* care one way or the other whether or not *you*
like or use IMAP; I just don't want PLUG's readership to have what
I believe to be ill-founded advice about whether or not using it
is an objectively Good or Bad Idea.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net