Will Dyson on Mon, 5 May 2003 22:53:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] subversion vs opencm?

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 09:57, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:04:36PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> > Subversion has been getting a lot of press recently in the debian
> > world as a CVS replacement

<snip>

> I've been planning to move from CVS to Subversion at work. I hadn't
> heard of OpenCM, but I'll take a look at it.
>
> What makes you label it the only other contender over things like
> Arch and Aegis?

Probably those projects lack of visibilty and hype. The ammount of
mindshare that subversion gets is apparently something that drives Tom
Lords (creator of arch) up the wall.

Here is another one that has some interesting features:

http://abridgegame.org/darcs/

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman