gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 5 May 2003 09:58:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] subversion vs opencm?

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:04:36PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Subversion has been getting a lot of press recently in the debian
> world as a CVS replacement

But be wary of getting yelled at that BitKeeper is clearly superior
if you frequent lkm. ;^>

> Of course, the debian folks usually have good reasons for doing what
> they do, but I'm curious if anyone here has actually spent time with
> both and has any feedback.

I've been planning to move from CVS to Subversion at work. I hadn't
heard of OpenCM, but I'll take a look at it.

What makes you label it the only other contender over things like
Arch and Aegis?

> There was some slashdot discussion this past Winter suggesting OpenCM
> may be a bit more mature, and that the subversion folks have a sketchy
> history with open source.

Not sure how that's possible, since it's the same folks who made
CVS, but...

>     http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/21/048202

I don't see anything in there describing a "sketchy history with
open source." Could you elaborate?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net