Edward M. Corrado on Thu, 8 May 2003 09:47:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> > I think what I'll end up doing is throwing a few NICs into a 266 Mhz
> > PII I
> > have laying around and run a firewall on it. I'm leaning towards using
> > one
> > of those "firewall/router" linux on a floppy distros for this. Any
> > advice
> > on which one to use?
>
> OpenBSD 3.3

Using OpenBSD for something always intrigued me, so I might look into
going this way. Is there a floppy version of OpenBSD, or do I need to do
an install that requires a hard drive? A quick google search did return an
OpenBSD router project, but it looks like at this point it is only an
idea, or at least in only early development stages, and nothing is
there. Not that digging up an old hard drive would be that much of an
issue but.....

Anyway, do you have any recommendations for some good reading on how to
set this up using OpenBSD 3.3?

Ed C.