Edward Pike on Thu, 8 May 2003 13:50:39 -0400

Re: [PLUG] IDE Controller Cards and 2.2.x kernels Question

I've been using the Promise Ultra 100 TX2
and its great.  Getting

--------------------------
/dev/hdg:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  1.84 seconds = 34.78 MB/sec
[root@hagibis root]# hdparm -t /dev/hde

/dev/hde:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  1.75 seconds = 36.57 MB/sec
[root@hagibis root]#

But this is on a P3-500 dual.  When it was
on a PentiumPro 333 It was like 17 MB/sec.

my kernel is I think the stock kernel that
came with redhat 7.2:

Linux hagibis.madugas.org 2.4.9-13custom #1 SMP Sun May 4 02:03:41 EDT
2003 i686 unknown

I also used the Promise ultra 66 and it was good
too.

jondz