Pete Foley on Mon, 12 May 2003 21:14:09 -0400

[PLUG] Cavalier DSL

Hey all,

So I have been a long time Speakeasy fan and advocate (almost 4 years),
but I am considering switching.   Mainly because I want a faster uplink
(right now I have the 608down/128up) that will not send me to the poor
house.

I ran across this deal at Cavalier (I already have their phone service
and love it):
http://www.cavtel.com/news/hotwiredslresidential.shtml

I am looking at the 768/768 package.  Overall (dsl+local+ld service) it
will save me 35$ a month and it looks like pretty fast service.  I was
wondering if anyone has used their DSL.  I looked on DSL reports, and
there was only one report from the philly area, and it was good.

Now I think I have become spoiled by Speakeasy, but they are really
expensive.  Cavalier offers the same stuff, static IP, multiple email
addresses, etc.  The only thing missing is a free dial-up for when one
is on the road.

Comments?

Thanks,
-Pete