Akintayo on Fri, 16 May 2003 10:31:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Graduate CS programs in Philly area

jvoris wrote:

Jason Wertz wrote:
Have you taken any courses in any of the Penn State Great Valley programs?

Based on interactions with co workers who are currently going to PSU-GV,
the exams are simple. You are not supposed to get 100% on a
graduate level exam, especially if you did not study. On the other hand
the coursework seems to be relatively complete, if not challenging.

I would echo the "relatively complete, if not challenging". I have taken most of the CS Continuing Ed courses offered at GV/PSU, but none of the Graduate courses at Great Valley. So Akintayo, were the people you know really taking the Grad courses? Most of the Continuing Ed courses require little or no book reading, only reading or skimming the in-class handouts and working on your mini-projects throughout the 7 week courses. There are no finals exams *** only a final project in most courses for Continuing Ed.

I can't be sure, but they have to take final exams, midterms and complete class projects. Three of them are working on MIS graduate degrees and the other a CS degree, so I think it would be the graduate program. On the other hand the courses are quite short, so maybe they are the cont education variety. I never asked.