Marc Zucchelli on Fri, 16 May 2003 12:07:07 -0400

[PLUG] CS or MIS??

After reading all those emails on graduate CS courses,
I had to ask my question.  I have been going to
community college for computer info system, and it has
always been my plan (ever since taking AP comp sci in
high school) to pursue a CS degree.  At work, I've
been doing alot of MIS style development, and I had an
MIS class which really sparked my interest.  I was
wondering if someone could go over the differences in
the two degrees for me, I need to pick one soon!
Also, a couple of people that I know taking CS at
drexel are telling me things like "dont take MIS, it's
a joke degree for people who can't handle the CS!  and
most companies that do MIS work look for people with
CS degrees."  Is there any truth behind that at all?
Isn't it like comparing apples and oranges?

Well I'd really appreciate peoples input.  Thank you.

Marc