Mitchell Gil Maltenfort on Sat, 17 May 2003 18:59:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CS or MIS??

No expertise, just a couple of naive observations:

1) Many of the people I met who did computer work professionally got into it because they picked up computer skills somewhere else.  Want ads for computer people seem to emphasize the skill base, not the degrees.

2) People get Ph.D's in Computer Science, but does anyone get a Ph.D. in Management of Information Sysems?