Craig Brennan on Tue, 20 May 2003 14:14:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] City Lawyer: We Don't Store Data on Hard Disk

You are definitely being set up for a no-win situation.  I used to have to deal with many municipal employees in getting information on assessments, land use, etc.  Once they realized I worked for tax consultant, they tried to throw every obstacle they could just this side of breaking the law in my face so that I could not get the information I needed.

The bottom line is the more they can drag it out, even if they know they will eventually lose, the better the chance  you'll quit.

Besides, you are with hallwatch.org.  You might as well put "Hi.  We monitor you.  Whatever I need, please make it very hard for me to get." on a T-shirt and walk into the BRT with it.

Craig