Paul on Tue, 20 May 2003 16:26:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CS or MIS??

Marc Zucchelli wrote:

kinda came to the conclusion that I want to ultimatly
be the guy who designs the systems, and then gets
other guys to code it exactly how I say.

Also the fact that someone mentioned MIS as a an arts
degree rather than a science degree kinda scares me...

I think gr has an arts degree and he seems to know his stuff.

The wording you used scares _me_. Getting "exactly" what you ask for isn't always the best thing. The "grunt programmers", I bet, have some good ideas and must have more insight into how things can actually work or not work. IMHO, unless you move up through the ranks, you're better off just guiding development and providing an environment which is productive.