shankwc on Sat, 24 May 2003 11:08:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] KDE & SMB

Well, whatta ya know!? I guess there must be some browser identification code in there that is failing with Konqi. I'll see if I can update it.

Thanks!

BTW: Not to get a mozilla vs. KDE flame going here - but one of the major bonuses I see with Mozilla is it's Windows platform compatibilty. EVERYONE I have setup with Mozilla loves it, and I mean LOVES it. My wife even said - I Love Mozilla - I'm leaving you! - ;-) but once they learn about tabbed browsing and the popup filters - they don't go back to IE. So for me - Mozilla and OpenOffice.org are ways to transition them become familiar with these tools - so that if/when they make the jump to linux - they will have the same apps available. I personally like Konqi - and think it has a great future, but being tied to Windows limits it's usefulness right now.