Tom Diehl on Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:28:04 -0400

[PLUG] Re: DSL Rates, Experiences RFC

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, JP Toto wrote:

> Hi all. I know we do this once or twice a year but I wanted to get an
> update since Im moving soon. Right now I have a cable modem but Im
> looking at possibly getting DSL at my new house. I'de like a static IP
> with decent speed. Reliability and decent customer service would be
> nice, too :-) And... I don't want to get raked over the coal$ for it
> all. I remember someone saying DCA.net was pretty good. Anyone else have
> any recomendations? Verizon, perhaps?
>
> Any and all opinions are welcome and incouraged. Thanks!!!

Depends on how you define "raked over the coal$". Remember for the most
part you get what you pay for, opensource software being the notable
exception. ;)

Having said that I can highly recommend Speakeasy.net. They have numerous
packages that offer numerous options including static ip's. In my experience
with them I have found their customer service to be very good as well. I have
been with them since directvdsl went belly up the end of last year.

Their TOS also allows you to run your own servers. However for sure though they
will cost you more than Verizon's or for that matter anyone elses crap pppoe
service. Last time I checked you could get a static ip from Verizon but it
would cost at least $30.00 more.

HTH,

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl@rogueind.com	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)