Jeffrey J. Nonken on Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:27:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] [FS] Sparc SS5-170 with over 200 MG memory

At 12:59 PM 6/6/2003, you wrote:
Two network cards (second card has MII in addition to ethernet port),
and a spare 4 gig hard drive in an external case.  Two 2 Gig SCA hard
drives, internal CD-Rom available, not presently installed but works.
Sun optical mouse and pad, no keyboard, no monitor.

$125 for all.  I've heard that the 170 chip won't run Debian Sparc.  It
does fine with NetBSD and OpenBSD.  Pickup only.

Solaris would run fine, too, I should think. How many processors? Barracuda drives internally, no doubt, and perhaps a Cheetah external drive. If somebody picks this up and needs a keyboard, I have an extra type 5 keyboard I can part with for $5 or so. Assuming that's a type 5 mouse.

Wow, a Sun optical mouse pad! That's worth its volume in platinum.

Don't mind me, just idly curious. I can't spare $125 right now.

----- Jeffrey Nonken - http://jnork.nonken.net/ Any opinions expressed herein are my own. Unsolicited commercial email will be ignored, tossed, laughed at, and/or complained about -- and I won't buy anything from you.
---