Kam Salisbury on Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:50:17 -0400

RE: [PLUG] AOL in Linux

Title: Message
I am not sure of the make and model (Maybe it was an Actiontech?) but I know one of my friends recently purchased a DSL router that supposedly works with AOL broadband.

This URL http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=103 details how to setup a Linksys router for AOL broadband.

I know the usual thing is to try and get Linux to do everything, but sometimes, it may make life just easier to not have have to mess around with the connection to the ISP.
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of AOL
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 2:27 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] AOL in Linux

Does anyone know if there's any program that can allow me to connect AOL BroadBand (DSL) from Linux. I hate to give up the features in AOL BroadBand just to get a new ISP that allows me to get online in Linux RH 7.3. I found something relating to it from google.com/linux but after the choice of commands: "#  ./recompile or #  ./Install" in step 2 of the tutorial the commands became useless. Here's the link: www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAOL.html
any feedback would be greatful.

Thanks, Tay