Beldon Dominello on Sun, 8 Jun 2003 10:55:13 -0400

[PLUG] Hardware question

I have a chance to buy a pretty solid dual PII 1GHz workstation that I intend
to use for sound production and editing under Linux.  Is there any advantage
to using a dual 1GHz machine of this vintage over, say, a 2GHz P4 or Athlon
machine for my intended purpose.  The price for the Dual machine is
comparable to a modern 2GHz machine similarly equipped, so performance
characteristics are really the only consideration here.

Thanks!

	-Beldon

--
Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.