Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:51:14 -0400

[PLUG] ssh -D (socks4 proxy) question

MCT recently mentioned that ssh can act as a socks proxy. Cool. So I
execute

    ssh -v -D 9000 hostname

and configure mozilla to think all protocols in its list are socks4
proxies on localhost, port 9000. I make a request from mozilla
(verified on local and remote hosts as working) and get a stream of
these lines:

    debug1: Connection to port 9000 forwarding to socks4 port 0 requested.
    debug1: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: channel 2: new [dynamic-tcpip]
    debug1: channel 2: zombie
    debug1: channel 2: garbage collecting
    debug1: channel_free: channel 2: dynamic-tcpip, nchannels 3

Mozilla reports that the document contains no data.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong or what to look at?

--
 Jeff