Michael Lazin on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:21:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] [FS] Sparc SS5-170 with over 200 MG memory

Do you still have your sparcstation 5, I am interested in it. As I wrote earlier, I have a pentium II 266 with 192 megs of memory. I could upgrade it to 256. It has only a 4 gig hard drive, but I do have an extra 20 gig.
I think it would be a bit unfair to me to use the 20 gig. If you still have it, please email me, maybe we can work something out. I am interested in having a solaris box to play around with. I have an older, slower sparc, but the had drive seems to be bad :(

Thanks,

Michael

From: Rebecca Ore <rebecca.ore@verizon.net>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] [FS] Sparc SS5-170 with over 200 MG memory
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:55:29 -0400

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003, Jeffrey J. Nonken wrote:

> At 05:17 PM 6/9/2003, you wrote:
> >I collect SPARC machines. If they are going to go away, please consider
> >me as a home.

Only for trade for an Intel box in the 300 Mghertz processor range or
better.  I'm not interested in giving it away.  All in all, I'd put it
back in service as a mp3 server.  It ain't going to get thrown out.

> I might consider you as a home for this LX. Got it before I realized what
> it was. Not that it's a bad little machine, but it's pretty creaky slow for
> my needs, and "more stuff" is less important right now than "more space" in
> my basement.

> >  I don't care about the mouse pads (serial console, baaaaaaabyyyyyyy).
>
> But they are unobtanium. I just want to try to make sure they get either
> used or put back into circulation rather than tossed in the trash.

I'll consider putting them back in circulation even if I don't get an offer I can't refuse for the SS5-170.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore