Mike Leone on Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:46:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Wireless LAN Coverage in The Suburbs (Jeffrey Mealo) & Free Wireless Access (William H. Magill)

Chris Magnus Hedemark (chrish@trilug.org) had this to say on 06/12/03 at 15:52:

> On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 03:15 PM, William H. Magill wrote:
>
> >That will only make a difference if it is completely IPv6. IPv6
> >piggybacked over v4 looses the QOS functionality because v4 doesn't
> >support it.
>
> Yes, this is completely IPv6.
>
> I started responding to the rest but this reeks more and more of
> trolling.  You're obviously not contributing anything constructive to
> the thread, and if anything you're throwing up a bunch of diversions
> with little to no basis in reality.  You've tried putting a bunch of

Or, perhaps he's bringing up other issues that you may have thought of (or
may not), but that others may not be aware of .. in which case, he's
obliquely teaching the rest of this list, who may not be aware of what the
possible issues are, in cases like this (wide area wireless).

Like me, for example.

> questions in front of me that appear to have no motive other than to
> suck up time for your own entertainment, yet have answered none of my
> own in return.
>
> I don't have a killfile, per se, but I do use highlighting and such to
> tell who I want to pay attention to and who is just generating noise.
> You, sir, have just motivated me to adjust my noise filter.

Your choice. Personally, I think highly of Bill's posts, as they are almost
always informative both technical and non-technical aspects of an issue at
the same time.