Pete Foley on Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:21:09 -0400

[PLUG] Reliable DNS server

I am looking for any recommendations for a reliable DNS server.  In the
past I have been using mydomain.com because it is free and it has been
OK, but recently I have setup a mailserver at home and have started
using that.

Previously, I had mydomain.com forward all my email to my speakeasy
account, but now am using my mail server.  I recently had a hd crash on
the box that I am using as my mailserver, so while I was reparing it all
my mail got bounced.  Not good.

So I just signed up with widge.net since the have backup mail server
support.  I have been using them for about a week, and I have had
reports that my email is getting bounced once and a while.  My server
has been up, so widge.net's dns must be crap - plus the backup
mailserver I paid extra for was apparently a waste of money too (if it
was my server that was down).

So can anyone recommend a reliable DNS server with mail server backup
service?  I am thinking of trying zoneedit if widge.net does not shape
up.  And I would prefer a server with a easy to use web interface, since
I do not trust my knowledge of DNS to create raw zone files by hand
(thus why I am not using granite canyon).  I am willing to use a free or
pay service - as long as it works.

Thanks for the suggestions!
-Pete