Bob Schwier on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:41:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Cross-platform hardware problem

If you are truly desparate, and I have been with that same screw up,
rewrite the master boot record under Norton's Diskedit with a generic mbr
which is given in the book that comes with Norton 8.0 for DOS though not
with the later system works.  The other alternative is to use Diskedit or
Edlin and zero the blasted thing out so it has to rebuild itself.
With the first method, you can save your programs, with the later, you are
trashing the harddrive as surely as using a format command.
bs