Magnus on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:19:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Job Titles? (Was: web developer job opening)

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 10:13 AM, Bob Schwier wrote:

If SAGE is thought of as a union or guild and if the annual fee is $150
then you all are getting off cheap. My union dues are relatively low but
at one percent of my gross wage, they are considerably more than $150.

But this is not a union. A union negotiates on your behalf to get favorable working conditions, benefits, job security, etc. A union makes sure that your employer is providing you with a safe working environment and not mistreating you. I have yet to see an organized IT shop (while they might exist, I've yet to hear of one).

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
"From the Fury of the Norsemen please Deliver us, Oh Lord"