Bob Schwier on Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:32:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DelCo [was "Your Linux Meetup is cancelled"]

I'll weigh in.  Stop being a prisoner of bad highway design.  Try
Germantown Ave or U.S. 30 (Lancaster Ave.)  Parking is a pain down here
where the city was designed and laid out in the days of horses.  On the
side streets there is literally one space for every two houses presuming
that no lots are abandoned.  If the household contains two adults and
possibly a teenager or adult child, think of the ramifications.  I drive
around this place all of the time.  I have even done small time delivery
work.  It's doable but like the dread 286 that I put on line it seems kind
of pointless.
Find a convenient space near SEPTA and get yourself some tokens.  Oh,
there is an under utilized parking lot at 22 and Fairmont, next to the old
prison.  Its rates are reasonable and it is convenient to several
recommendable watering holes.  I would have a personal prejudice in that
one.  I can leave the camel of the concrete at home and hoof it to any
such place.
bs