sean finney on Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:08:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] verizon dsl pppoe help tonight

hi m,

i used verizon pppoe sucessfully (albeit grudgingly) for a couple years.
my best advice, is to just switch from verizon to another provider like
dcanet or speakeasy.  dcanet will have prices/bandwidth competitive to
verizon's, and they'll even give you a static ip address.  but i'm sure
you've already considered that...

anyway, i'm pretty sure i got it working under linux at some point, but for
most of the time i had a pentium-95 machine running rp-pppoe on
NetBSD quite happily.  i have the config files for that, which i think
are platform independant--i'll post them online at:

http://www.seanius.net/linux-docs/pppoe

they all go in /etc/ppp and need a little customization (ie: device name,
user name, password)

if that fails for you, posting the output of your
syslog/dmesg/messages/plog would be helpful.

hth,
	sean