Mental Patient on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:34:05 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Tech jobs and politics, and IT diploma mills

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 12:09, Jeffrey J. Nonken wrote:
> On 07 Jul 2003 11:41:29 -0400, Mental Patient wrote:
> >>Those who can, do; those who can't, teach? ;)
> >>

> >Yes, but its your children they're teaching. Keep that in mind.
> >There is
> >a disrespect towards teaching that is.... wonderful. We're a country
> >that apparently feels that the minds and futures of its brood are
> >best
> >shaped by the least capable. Glorious, glorious vision of the future.
>
> We also pay them mediocre salaries and don't work to keep the good teachers and exclude the bad ones.

Yes, but you try to get the populace to buy into higher taxes. Most
parents don't parent. Until we become a completely fascist state and
license reproduction, this is unlikely to change much.

> A truly creative mind CAN overcome a public education!

There are exceptions to all rules. Depending on side effects/bugs for
things to work is..... improper. However, I get what you're saying. I'm
not exactly Mr Common myself.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc