Bob Schwier on Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:52:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Tech jobs and politics, and IT diploma mills

I do maintain a 286 just for s and g.  It is doable.  I take it out every
so often and test it and update it.  You can find software on the net that
would give you some ability to use the net with it.  Theoritically, it is
useful if there is no other realistic alternative.  In teaching, you get
used to scrounging for something that works because your employer is not
going to set you up with top flight equipment.  This true in many public
school systems, especially Philadelphia, and many of these IT diploma
mills.
bs