Paul on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:43:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] weird devfs issues

Will Dyson wrote:

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 07:13, Paul wrote:

If I remember correctly and it is true, how important is this? From what I've read DevFS will be replaced in future kernels.

But 2.6 will not be out for several months (at least). And, while I
encourage everybody to test out new kernels to find bugs, it doesn't
make the immedate problem go away.

Right. On the other hand, I helped a guy stabilize his Mandrake system by disabling DevFS. The system worked fine without DevFS, but he decided to repair DevFS and re-enable it. Given a choice, maybe it's better to not use DevFS and wait for something better.