Martin DiViaio on Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:43:29 -0400

[PLUG] weird devfs issues

I've been playing around with devfs on the 2.4.21 kernel and I've hit a
couple of really weird (but minor) issues and I'm wondering if anyone else
has seen this. (By the way, this is on a RH 7.1 system.)

The first issue is at boot. It appears that devfsd is mounting my swap
partition before the rc script. This gets me a "device or resource busy"
error when the rc script says it't enabling swap space. However, swapon -s
shows the swap partition mounted to the correct devfs mount point.

The second issue is at shutdown/reboot. I'm getting two errors when the
system tries to unmount devfs. The first error is "devfs not found" and
the second is "/dev illegal seek". I'm guessing this may be because / is
all ready unmounted and the kernel can't find the mount points anymore.

--
GPG Fingerprint: C900 18EF 0C36 4EAF A93C  F073 85D4 8B3C F3D8 077B