Mike Leone on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:54:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

MITCHELL MALTENPORT (mmalten@comcast.net) had this to say on 07/11/03 at 11:51:

> Huh?
>
> As I recall the original posting by Jon Nelson, the idea was to provide
> computers for districts which couldn't afford 'em.  So 'what the school
> already has' doesn't make sense.

The idea is to give the kids a PC in their house, not in a classrom. So the
schools may have *some*, but not enough.

> I'm not sure if 'what their friends already have' makes sense either,
> but then I'd naively extrapolated poor school district == poor
> neighborhood.
>
> In any event, these computers are donated to classrooms.  Games?  Char
> software?  Why would either be installed?

See above.