Mike Leone on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:47:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

Paul (paul@dpagin.net) had this to say on 07/11/03 at 11:51:
> Michael Leone wrote:
>
> >it's what they use at the library, probably.
> >

> CHLUG has approval for putting a Linux PC into a public library.  We
> just have to build it--the PC that is.
>
> >Front Page Express on Windows is a web editor, and is free. And web pages
> >can be edited using open Office these days, I believe.
> >

> Both sound like terrible options.  Just using Mozilla's editor is
> preferable to me.

I wasn't pointing out *good*; I was refuting the (implicit) claim that such
things were freely available for Linux, but not for Windows. Some are
available for both, altho (obviously) very much more for Linux.

> Still, the point is that there is free software available for Windows.
> Then again, free software is available for Linux.
>
> What about pre-installing Linux and providing the Win98 CD for those who
> would want to install it?

Because it's illegal, unless it's a retail version of Win98, bought for each
user.