Jeffrey J. Nonken on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:29:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Speakeasy Worldcom-to-Covad nightmare

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:47:45 -0700 (PDT), John Fiore wrote:
>I have heard all of the Verizon horror stories, and I
>resisted switching to them, but to be honest, they've
>been very good so far.  1.5 Mbps down, 128 kbps up,
>and, so far, I haven't had any down time.  DHCP is a
>bit annoying -- believe it or not, the address changes
>pretty much daily.  Otherwise, so far so good.

Interesting... it seems like mine tends not to change unless I disconnect for a while. (Rebooting the machine doesn't usually do it; shutting down overnight does.) I haven't done a real analysis, though, as I usually shut down every night anyway, to save power.