John Fiore on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:48:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Speakeasy Worldcom-to-Covad nightmare

Same thing happened with me.  I had DCANet with Covad
as the service provider.  Everything was great for
about a year and a half.  Though the speed wasn't that
great, the service was very reliable, and the 6 static
IPs was a nice bonus.

When my service went out, I was on the phone with
DCANet, Covad, the pope, and just about everyone else
several times per week for a month with no success.
As someone else on the list mentioned, everyone tried
pinning the blame on the person that wasn't on the
phone.  I was even scheduled for a Covad service
person to come to the home.  I stayed home from work,
and nobody showed -- on two different occasions.

Finally, I just gave up and changed over to Verizon.

I have heard all of the Verizon horror stories, and I
resisted switching to them, but to be honest, they've
been very good so far.  1.5 Mbps down, 128 kbps up,
and, so far, I haven't had any down time.  DHCP is a
bit annoying -- believe it or not, the address changes
pretty much daily.  Otherwise, so far so good.

--- "W. Chris Shank" <chris.shank@acetechgroup.com>