Thomas Thurman on Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:41:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] How to let DHCP issue hostname that I wanted?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Sijian Zhou wrote:
> 1. How to make my router's DHCP client hostname the
> same as my Linux hostname?

What are you using on the client-- pump or dhcpcd or what? Both of them
can take a "-h" option on the command line to specify the hostname.

> 2. Can I get same ip address from DHCP everytime for
> my linux boxes everytime I turn on my PC? I can do it
> for my window PC.

Why would you use DHCP at all, if you want the same IPs every time?

thomas thurman   -   marnanel at marnanel dot org   -   http://marnanel.org
The vase does not like being immersed.