Sijian Zhou on Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:28:05 -0400

[PLUG] How to let DHCP issue hostname that I wanted?

Hi,

I have LinkSys NR041 router connecting 2 window box, 1
linux box and another dual linux/window OS box. Linux
version is RedHat 7.3. The router is DHCP server.
In router DHCP client table, all window box client
hostnames are consistent with my PC hostnames. However
all linux hostnames are different from my hostname
specified in /etc/sysconfig/network.

I have 2 questions:
1. How to make my router's DHCP client hostname the
same as my Linux hostname?
2. Can I get same ip address from DHCP everytime for
my linux boxes everytime I turn on my PC? I can do it
for my window PC.

-- SJ