Bradley Molnar on Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:02:05 -0400

[PLUG] poptop server authentication

This is a question for anyone using a poptop server.

I just downloaded and installed poptop for vpn's to and from windows
machines.  The problem is, it allows anyone to connect with any username and
any password.

I tried to install and integrate it with a radius server (freeradius) but it
doesn't look like it made a difference.

Obviously this is bad and needs to get fixed -- anyone have any ideas as to
where to check first.

I have read through most of what i could find on the respective program doc
files.  However, I cannot figure out why it would just let me log in with a
username and password that were just 'created' when i mashed the keyboard (a
good user=dfasdfas pw=asdfasdf sort of thing)

I added the line to the end of /etc/ppp/options.pptd of

plugin /usr/local/lib/libradius.so

which I thought would be all I need.

Either way something is very broken.

thanks