Jeffrey J. Nonken on Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:51:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Job searching continues

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:03:59 -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
>>My impression is that what one can download for free is an ISO
>>image
>>which one has to burn to a CD-Rom to install.
>>
>>I don't have a CD burner.
>
>By my reckoning, the next PLUG meeeting is August 6th, and I'm off.
>If
>you want, I can burn you a CD.  Write me back off list if you're
>interested.  I can do it sooner than that, if you're nearby or want
>swing by (I live right outside downtown Philly).

I believe there are ways of accessing ISO files as a drive, or extracting their data like an archive (I think WinRAR will let me get into ISO files). I don't know of any Linux methods offhand, but I know it's doable in Windows. I'd think it would be possible to do a remote install from the image, but that's just a guess.

OTOH, I was going to say that you might ask some of the nice people in the list if they'd burn it for you... but it seems you have a volunteer. :)