Martin DiViaio on Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:36:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Job searching continues

> I believe there are ways of accessing ISO files as a drive, or
> extracting their data like an archive (I think WinRAR will let me get
> into ISO files). I don't know of any Linux methods offhand, but I know
> it's doable in Windows. I'd think it would be possible to do a remote
> install from the image, but that's just a guess.

mount -t auto -o loop file.iso mountpoint

Will work as any user as long as the user has read access to the iso and
read/write access to the mountpoint directory.

You also need the loopback device module compiled for the kernel.

It's been available since the 2.0 series kernel and maybe earlier.