Rebecca Ore on Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:15:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Anyone else interested in a job search group?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:29:09PM +0100, Thomas Thurman (thomas@thurman.org.uk) wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > Also, anyone interested in helping mentor also?
>
> Like phillyjobs@yahoogroups.com, or different?

Just for the techie stuff -- and perhaps also some workshops on
keeping skills up.  I know at least one person who felt like his brain
was turning to mush during the time he wasn't working (an English guy in
another list).  One reason I got the Sparc running again was to refresh
my memory on NetBSD installs; and putting RedHat 9 on the Intel box was
also partly done for the same reason.

I'd like to know what people are looking for -- I'm not sure my skills
are as crap as I fear they are, or if I'm simply not selling myself in
the best way.  My current resume seems to get me adjunct English
teaching gigs -- but I would like to keep a hand in with computers, if
for no other reason than to be able to be a better teacher for
engineering students.

Don't know anything about phillyjobs -- I tend to shy away from
yahoogroups.  The title says more general.  I've also been on a mailing
list for exNetaxs people who are looking for work, but that's sort of
too narrow an information base.  Something in between, perhaps.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore